Long term maintenance
There are libre.sh users, who recently expressed their worries about sufficient long-term maintenance of the libre.sh v1 mainline.
For a reference of the conversation, plese see from https://riot.allmende.io/#/room/#libre.sh:matrix.allmende.io/$1559035725442wRjzV:hackerspaces.be downwards.
Requirements, stories and needs for maintenance that can be taken from there are:
- up to date documentation
- up to date upstream versions
the goal of up to date and out-of-the-box working services
outdated versions of the containers
maintain docker-compose files
- many compose readme's still point to the old repos.
- v1 can help a lot of people to kick start quckly
- how is SUBNET handled now ? it has been removed. See #185
add_mailboxis independent of IndieHosters infrastructure
put some condition so this is not called
opt/bin/add_mailbox: line 14: mail_username: unbound variable
- if a script fail it shoud clean what has been already done
- a uniform way to manage backups
- some sort of "plugins" for specific needs
- ansible for automating deployments
- ansible roles to install and activate it
- zfs-on-luks and systemd integration
starting docker only after LUKS has been decrypted and the zpool imported ZFS dataset layout and placement strategy for hybrid SSD/HDD machines.